Frequently Asked Questions
Below you’ll find answers to some frequently asked questions relating to the SiD Secure EFT payment method. If you require any further information or assistance, you’re welcome to contact our Support Centre, which is available from 8 am to 6 pm, Monday to Friday.
SiD facilitates hassle-free online payments by linking shoppers directly to their Internet Banking, pre-populating the payment details and directing them right back to the merchant’s website, where they then receive instant payment confirmation. Bank-level security, such as one-time PIN verification remains in place during the SiD payment, thereby ensuring complete protection.
SiD is South Africa’s favourite online and mobile payment alternative to a credit card. By adding SiD as an additional payment option on your website, you’ll be able to reach a vast market of shoppers who:
- don’t want to draw on credit
- have security concerns about paying by credit card
- find the newly imposed 3D secure authentication cumbersome
- don’t even have credit cards
Increase your online and mobile sales revenue by signing up for SiD Secure EFT.
- Select the SiD payment option on the merchant’s checkout page.
- Select your bank.
- Login to your existing, secure Internet banking.
- Select the bank account you wish to pay from (If you have more than one account linked to your internet banking profile).
- Enter the OTP received from your bank or respond to a push message received from your bank to complete the payment.
Your session occurs directly between your PC and your bank in the same way as if you had logged into your bank’s Internet Banking system separately from any SiD transaction.
SiD just automates the process of filling in all of the payment details for you.
SiD may store your bank account number for refund purposes. However, no third party can access or operate your Internet Banking facilities based on this information, or any other information retained by SID.
Other banks make use of One-time PIN payment confirmation. Occasionally, there may be issues encountered with receiving your One-time PIN SMS from the bank. If you do encounter any issues, please try the following steps:
- Ensure that the SIM card in your mobile device you are checking has the same number that was used to register on with your bank.
- Check your message Inbox on your mobile device to ensure that you have sufficient space to receive new incomings SMSs.
- Delayed SMS delivery may occur when your mobile device loses connection to the mobile network. Please check your connectivity.
- Try restarting the mobile device to re-establish connectivity with the mobile network.
- Check with your mobile network operator to ensure that they are not experiencing any issues. At times, there may be congestion on downstream carrier networks. The issue usually resolves itself as SMS traffic starts to clear. Please allow a few minutes before clicking on the SMS Resend button.
- If all else fails, please escalate to your bank by contacting their internet banking helpdesk for assistance.
- Ensure that any transaction limits (e.g. daily or monthly) have not been exceeded.
- Your bank may post messages and updates before you can proceed to complete a once-off payment. Please confirm any bank notices accordingly.
- Ensure that your FICA information is updated on your banking profile. If you are unable to check this via your internet banking portal, please contact your bank’s internet banking helpdesk for assistance.