Merchant Protection Program
Subject to the terms of our MOA, we guarantee protection up to a maximum amount of R5 000.00 per transaction in respect of funds not received in the merchants bank account when payment is made by means of SiD when such funds are not received by the Merchant due directly to a technical fault in the SiD Payment system. This guarantee applies only in so far as the customer service team, once notified by the Merchant, is not able to resolve the problem. This guarantee does not, under any circumstances, apply to problems that are not caused directly by a technical fault in the SiD system. This exclusion expressly includes within its exclusionary scope, though is in no way limited to, instances in which the Bank makes a reversal of the funds for any reason whatsoever as this action falls outside the control of SiD and amounts to a dispute directly between Bank and Merchant.
Dispute resolution on payments using SiD
When you receive payments with SiD, you gain access to a forum for dispute resolution. Through it, you can file a claim in respect of:
- Funds not received in the merchant’s bank account within 5 days from receiving a confirmation of a transaction from the SiD system.
Dispute Resolution specialists gather information about your transactions and help you resolve the issue. Throughout the process, you will be advised of your claim’s status via email.
File a Claim
The vast majority of SiD payments occur without problems. In the event that a dispute arises in respect of a payment, SiD’s Merchant Complaint Process is available to help resolve the dispute.
The Merchant Complaint Process is a way for merchants to issue formal complaints regarding payments that were affected through SiD but for which they never received the funds in their bank account.
Merchants are strongly encouraged to first communicate with the shopper if they have a problem with a transaction. In most cases, direct communications between the two parties is the quickest and most amicable way to resolve disputes. In exceptional circumstances, however, you may file a claim through the Merchant Complaint Process.
Once you file a claim, Setcom will investigate the case and attempt to come to a fair resolution. If our investigation determines that you are owed money by the shopper, we will make every effort to recover funds for you. We will try to complete our investigation and provide any reimbursement within 45 days from the date the Merchant Complaint Form is filed.
Requirements for the Merchant Complaint Process:
In order for a transaction to be eligible for review by the Merchant Complaint Process:
- The shopper must have used SiD to pay for their purchase.
- You did not receive the funds in your bank account.
- You must file a claim within 5 days from receiving a confirmation of a transaction from the SiD system.
- You must complete and sign the AGREEMENT OF SETTLEMENT AND CESSION and return it to Setcom.
- Use a shipping service that can provide a tracking number or reasonable proof of delivery. If necessary, this will help prove that an item was delivered. If your product is a service or intangible item then a detailed log of delivery or download is required.
- Be willing to provide as much information as possible to Setcom’s investigating agent. If you fail to provide the necessary information, Setcom will unfortunately not grant the claim.
High-risk merchants exclusion:
The merchant protection program does not cover high-risk merchants. For a list of businesses that are considered to be high risk, click here.